Sunday, January 23, 2005

blog graveyard

If you only knew how many blog entries I have started lately but just can't seem to finish or find a point to or end to or beginning for or motivation to shore up the middle of. There's my rave about men/women/choices/ and "planning", there's the one about the curiously interesting fact that I've married an engineer, there's the one about breaking things, about the libraries closing, about getting new glasses. There are tons. I think I'm in a third trimester funk. I can't seem to remember how I find solace in these writings. I can't seem to find enough time to ponder them in my journal and tease out what I really want to say.

I just want there to be more than 6 weeks left of this crazy ride. I just want to stop doing (which doesn't mean stop writing). The world will snatch out of your hand whatever you tentatively offer. It doesn't care about things like "pregnant". It doesn't want to be a part of your decision-making process. You *think* you can do X or Y? Great! I'll look forward to that project completed by Monday. You have to be your own best line of defense. How have I gotten this far and not learned that yet? If I can get the noise to stop, and make time expand, maybe my blogging abilities will come back. If I can learn (if not through this, than how?) to slow the hell down...

5 comments:

Mo said...

As you may know I have been reading your blog for quite awhile now. I can only tell you that I look forward to reading whatever it is that you put on here. I disagree with you quite a lot, but I love how honest you are. I do hope that you will continue to blog even after the baby comes. Even if you are drained emotionally and physically and can barely put two thoughts together. You are a gifted writer. Good luck learning to slow down. It's not easy.

Anonymous said...

Married to an engineer? You must be some kind of special person to willingly choose an engineer. ;) I am one, so I can say that with full knowledge of our social inadequacies.

One of my many engineer jokes:

THE ENGINEER AND THE FROG

A guy was crossing the road one day when a frog called out to him and said, "If you kiss me, I'll turn into a beautiful princess." He bent over, picked up the frog and put it in his pocket.

The frog spoke up again and said, "If you kiss me and turn me back into a beautiful Princess, I will stay with you for one week." The guy took the frog out of his pocket, smiled at it and returned it to his pocket.

The frog then cried out, "If you kiss me and turn me back into a beautiful Princess, I'll stay with you and do *Anything* you want." Again the guy took the frog out, smiled at it and put it back into his pocket. Finally the frog asked, "What is it? I've told you I'm a beautiful Princess, that I'll stay with you for a week and do *Anything* you want. Why won't you kiss me?"

The guy said, "Look, I'm an engineer. I don't have time for girlfriends, but a talking frog is really cool."

Kitty said...

thank you both for responding.

Anonymous said...

I'm fascinated by the fact that there is conceivably such a thing as "blogging abilities." I mean, obviously there is, right? We know it when we see it, or do it. But it is different than other media. And I don't think that, six years ago, anyone would have used such a phrase. Anyway. I just think that's neat.

Katie

Kitty said...

ah yes blogging. i hear it's the newest word to be added to Webster's. Top o their list. I never thought I would be a blogger. And I don't really know what constitutes blogging abilities either now that you mention it. i think to be a *real* blogger I'd need to include more links maybe. other than that, your guess is as good as mine.

Share Related Posts with Thumbnails