Saturday, July 30, 2005

someday sleep will find me again, embrace me like a lover, wrap me up tight in its massive, velvet cloak and spin me, slowly, through tiny, twinkling galaxies. sleep will come for me, lift me off on breezes perfumed in jasmine and rosemilk. sleep will guard me, its concubine, from all distractions, shower me in sweet, murderous kisses, call me its favorite. there will be a day, some day, when sleep will claim me again, sit by my bedside for hours, offering only the calm space of nothing. it will drop me down, heavy as water into the blackness of its well, where I will languish, happy, blind.

1 comment:

Monterey John said...

Gee, but how do you really feel? :)

Marvelous stuff, Kitty. You make me feel like an illiterate, but I sure do enjoy your stuff. Keep up the good work.

Now, have a beer and get some sleep!

John Wilson

Share Related Posts with Thumbnails