Friday, September 02, 2005

message for the masses, or, why I hate cars reason #1542

I’d like to clear up some odd misconceptions.

As you drive along today, talking on your cell phone, drifting into my crosswalk or blowing through the stop sign, I’d like to remind you that your third trip to the mini mart today for coffee, your date with the asshole that will talk incessantly about himself, the quick jaunt to Macy’s for a shopping fix, the dash back from lunch to the job you hate, are – I know it may amaze you – not more important that the life of my child. Get out of my crosswalk, get out of your car, and go home. Shut off the engine, go inside and stay there. And if, when you turn to put the key in the lock, you find your living room furniture is not covered in river silt, that your cappuccino machine, your pets, your neighbor, are not floating by you, be glad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A-farking-MEN.

I could echo the same about cyclists on the trail and the life of my dog, but it doesn't have the same ring to it.

Monterey John said...

My, somebody did something unspeakable in Kitty's Wheaties!

But, quit holding back, how did you really feel about it?

Share Related Posts with Thumbnails