Tuesday, December 18, 2007

tomorrows - full of possibility

“Jindoo bells, jindoo bells, jindoo all way!... Mama?”

“Yes, Iz.”

“Sing 'Jindoo Bells.'”

“Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way. Oh, what fun it is to ride in a one-horse open slei-eigh!”

“Mama?”

“Yes, Iz?”

“Me no been dat sleigh.”

“You've never ridden in a one-horse open sleigh?”

“No. Me daddy tell me no go on dat sleigh.”

“Your daddy has told you not to go on that sleigh?”

“Yeah.”

“If you say so, Izzy.”

“Mama been dat sleigh?”

“I have not been on a one-horse open sleigh lately, no.”

“Me daddy tell you no go on dat sleigh?”

“Well, I don't think Daddy so much forbade me from going on a one-horse open sleigh as I have just not really seen one around. I'm sure if I saw a one-horse open sleigh, Daddy would be okay with me going on it.”

“Dat sleigh have wheels. Um, um, and horsey pull it. Um, and it white. And blue and orange.”

“Thanks, Iz, I'll be on the look out.”

“Mama?”

“Yes, honey.”

“'morrow me ask Daddy me go on dat sleigh. He say yeah.”

“You're gonna ask Daddy if you can go on that sleigh and he'll say 'yes'?”

“Yeah, 'morrow.”

“Sounds like a plan, buddy.”

No comments:

Share Related Posts with Thumbnails