Sunday, September 12, 2004


Dear Baby,

Another September 11th anniversary has passed. There is so much to tell you. I imagine that by the time you are old enough to understand, this "war" will be ancient history, or not, it's hard to say. But especially if it is, all the more reason to tell you about it, in increments, in stories.

You are a blessed being, like us all. You are perfect. You are entering an imperfect world. Love it with all your heart.

Yesterday morning, I woke up at 5:30 am PST and couldn't get back to sleep. I was sad and fitful and anxious. And then I realized. That's about when it had happened. I'm sure many others were thinking about the events of September 11, 2001 at that time, and maybe they woke me with all their thoughts. We are part of a collective consciousness. Or maybe it was all those souls lost then and since. They haven't gone far; they want peace; they want to help.

Our choices, big and small, each day shape this space we live in. They matter. Don't get battered into believing that you must save the world, just never forget that you can.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this post made me want to cry.

Share Related Posts with Thumbnails